When we age, our skin’s ability to produce collagen and maintain hydration becomes markedly diminished. Coupled with sun exposure and damaging lifestyle choices, our skin takes on further abuse. Non-invasive treatments like Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy have risen in popularity due to its natural result and minimal downtime.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a very natural filler solution, made of your own blood, otherwise known as the “Vampire” lift. This treatment uses your own ‘enriched’ plasma as an advanced anti-aging and healing treatment delivered to the skin in a process similar to mesotherapy. The secret lies in extracting and increasing the autological factors in your blood. These autological factors are what your body needs to heal itself. PRP Therapy re-activates the autological factors in your body’s repair system getting your skin to regenerate more efficiently.
Using PRP Therapy as an anti-ageing facial treatment is highly effective. This natural and safe treatment uses your own blood, which is extracted and enriched (with no chemicals or additives) in an easy and comfortable process and is then re-injected into your face through several ‘meso-type’ tiny injections. The benefits of this approach are the natural and self-healing effects of regenerated skin, improved skin vitality, improved sun damaged skin, and better skin hydration.
Platelets contain important growth factors that, when secreted, are responsible for:
- Tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
- Increasing collagen production
- Recruiting other cells to the site of injury to assist with healing
- Initiating blood vessel growth
- Inducing cell differentiation which means that all the different cells required for rejuvenation are stimulated
- Bone mineralization i.e. making healthier bones
- Extra cellular matrix formation – this is the connective tissue that holds everything together and gives it shape and form
- Tissue adhesion especially in skin flaps, bone grafts and trauma. This means tissues stick together giving it strength.
The Benefits of PRP Therapy
- Reducing fine to deep wrinkles: large pores, stretch marks,
- Undereye troughs, bags and dark circles
- Skin tightening and Skin lifting
- Improve acne scarring
Are the treatment hurt ?
A topical anaesthetic is applied the area to be treated to make the procedure more comfortable about 20 – 30 minutes before the procedure begin.
Sometime it could be :
- Swelling which can be minimize with cooling pack and hydrating serum.
- Redness is variable from patient and usually settles in 24-48 hourse
- Small marks may persist for a few days and dryness of the skin for 4-7 days
- Bruishing is also a possibility as the needle is used to place the PRP inti the skin, may take a week to resolute
No need downtime
You can direct do your daily activities
What should I do after treatment to get the best results?
After care is importen to keep the area clean even from makeup, use sunscreen to avoid pigmentation from sun expose and used moisturasing also.