Thread Lift is a procedure which involves elevating different parts of the face using special threads without having to make surgical incisions as with a classic face lift.
There are two main types of threads or sutures used:
- PDO THREAD ( polydioxanone)
– PDO Thread Lift is the latest and revolutionary treatment for skin tightening
– SILHOUETTE SOFT is the treatment for skin tightening and lifting as V-shaping the face.
These threads are made of material which is similar to the threads used in surgical stitches.
PDO would continuously stimulate collagen synthesis under skin. When inserted into the skin, it acts as a “scaffold” for the skin which helps to “hold” the skin against the effects of gravity. These threads also shape the face by lifting and supporting sagging structures. The threads are absorbable and therefore will be reabsorbed in 2-4months time leaving nothing behind but the skin structure created which continues to hold for another 15-24 months.
Polydioxanone (PDO) is a synthetic absorbable ultra-thin (0.12mm) monofilament thread, commonly used in cardiovascular surgeries and fine ligatures deliberated to greatly reduce any possible trauma the patients may have.
PDO absorbable thread lift is for anyone who wishes to reverse aging effects by fixing these problems from the inside. As aging begins to be apparent from the age of 25, age tissues begin to thin due to the collagen and elastin fibres break down, resulting in sagging of skin, deep creases, folds and wrinkles.
What is it for?
- Increase of collagen synthesis
- Tightening and rejuvenating of skin
- Improvement of skin tone and structure
- Sharper feature and V-shape silhouette
- Face-Forehead, Nose, Mid face cheek, Jaw Lines
- Breast-Firming shaping
- Specific Wrinkles- Crowfeet, Glabellar fold, Nasolabial fold, Fine Wrinkles
- Tummy tightening
- Butt lifting
- Thigh lifting