12 Things You Should Do After Botox Treatment — Botox treatment is one of the solutions for anyone who wants to look better by improving their skin appearance. Many people love this treatment because it is easy to do and doesn’t hurt that much. Botox treatment is also considered a minimal invasive surgery. Now, if you already have received the treatment, there are several things you should do after Botox treatment. These steps will help you to recover faster and give you a better result. What kind of things should you do after you receive the Botox injection?
- You should not touch and keep the treated area free from pressure for one day. The pressure will push Botox to move into other areas, which lowers the effectiveness of the result and could be dangerous.
- Do not lie down after the treatment for at least 6-7 hours. Keep your head upright for that period to ensure the Botox stays and works its magic.
- Avoid any physical activity that strains your body, such as exercise or yoga for one day after the treatment.
- Avoid sun or any heat exposure, especially in the treated area.
- Do not drink an alcoholic beverage for at least the first 24 hours after the treatment. The alcohol can cause bruising in the treated area. In the worst case, it can even cause swelling, inflammation, and itching in the treated area.
- The first 24 hours after the treatment, you shouldn’t have a sauna or any facial treatment. This will increase the blood pressure in the treated area, which can cause minor bruising. Also, do not take a hot shower or direct splash to your face, which can affect the treated skin area.
- Try to do some exercise on the muscle of the treated area. You can do it in 2 hours after the treatment. The exercise is simple. You can try frowning, squinting, or raising your eyebrows. It is not straining your physical condition. It works out the muscle to let the Botox merge naturally with the muscle. Moreover, it also won’t cause any negative effect on your treatment.
- If you have a headache after the treatment, keep calm. Headache is a common effect that happens after the treatment. Not many people experience this condition, though. However, if you have one, you can take medicine to treat it. The medicine you take should be the one that is safe for your condition. So, avoid aspirin or any aspirin-containing medicine to avoid bruising. Use Motrin, and Tylenol, or use cool compresses. If the headache didn’t get away for that day, contact your physician to get proper treatment.
- No need to worry about the bump or mark that appears after the treatment. As long as it occurs naturally and is not because of an external factor, the mark or bruise will disappear within an hour, after a few days or a week. Apply cold compresses if necessary.
- In general, the result of the Botox treatment will appear after two weeks. Some people get the result after 3-5 days depends on their body metabolism, but two weeks is the period you should expect to get the best During that time, you also should contact the doctor when you feel discomfort.
- Botox treatment is a temporary procedure. In general, the treatment result can last for about six months depends on your body metabolism. After that, the wrinkles will return. Many cases even need a shorter period for the wrinkles to start appearing, like 2-3 months after the treatment. However, if you use the best treatment and follow the doctor’s instruction, it can last much longer.
- Do not apply makeup after the treatment. You should wait at least 5 hours before applying makeup. Also, it is necessary to use a natural type of makeup that is safe for the skin. Also, use only thin makeup to ensure that your skin can recover after the treatment.
Now, you know what you should do after the Botox treatment. Make sure you also use the service from Rejuvenique Aesthetics Clinic to get the best result. Then, apply the methods above to make the recovery process go smoothly.